Thawte Code Signing Certificates
With code signing from Thawte, you can assure users that your code and content is safe to download, and protect your most valuable business asset: your reputation. Code signing authenticates the code's source and confirms the integrity of content distributed online. Thawte® Code Signing Certificates for Mac® are used to digitally sign applications, plug-ins and content for Mac® OS X desktops.
- Digitally sign Apple desktop applications
Thawte® Code Signing Certificates
Deliver Software Securely and Reliably for Less
Thawte® Code Signing Certificates offer strong protection and rigorous verification for downloadable software. You can securely bring your products to market while enjoying unmatched value and ease of use with Thawte Code Signing Certificates. Code signing also helps ensure technical compliance with guidelines established by platform vendors and emerging application storefronts, making code signing certificates an increasingly critical piece of the application development process.
Since Thawte Code Signing Certificates support a broad range of platforms, you can ensure that end users are protected against malware and other security threats across a wide variety of devices and applications. An established, trusted provider for more than 13 years, Thawte is the preferred brand of innovative software developers worldwide.
If you are looking for a cost-effective, comprehensive technology to securely deliver your software, Thawte Code Signing Certificates are the answer. Thawte Code Signing Certificates support multiple platforms — so you can deliver your software to the widest number of end users and devices with less complexity and cost. With Thawte, you also get access to the Thawte Certificate Center, an easy-to-use online portal that reduces both the time and cost associated with managing your code signing certificates.
Secure your software with a trusted, powerful certificate. Thawte Code Signing Certificates confirm the identity of software publishers and verify the integrity of the code. Code signing certificates from Thawte are built upon both a public key infrastructure (PKI) and digital signature technology, and protect downloadable software against malware and other vicious attacks by cybercriminals. This helps ensure your users' safety and gives them the confidence they need to download content from your site, which can help lead to more downloads and associated revenue.
In addition to offering strong end user protection, Thawte also delivers broad platform support and Certificate Authority (CA) root ubiquity, making Thawte Code Signing Certificates an ideal choice for developers around the world. Thawte® root certificates come pre-installed on many browsers and run-time systems, giving you the flexibility to safeguard your code and content on a majority of platforms utilized by your partners and end users.
Why Thawte. Thawte is a leading global certificate authority and provides online security trusted by millions around the world. Expert multilingual support, robust authentication practices, and easy online management make Thawte the best value for code signing.
It Takes a Trusted Third Party
To establish trust with your customers, it's critical to enable them to confirm the identity of the software publisher and verify the integrity of the code. Unsigned or self-signed code triggers an alert and discourages software downloads, limiting the reach and revenue potential of your software.
Trust in your code is only as strong as its digital signature, so it's essential to choose a trusted third party that is recognized worldwide. Preferred by innovative software developers around the globe, Thawte Code Signing Certificates deliver the trust you need to build customer loyalty.
Benefits and Features:
Thawte Code Signing Certificate for Mac Features:
- Inspire user confidence by showing customers your verified identity and the integrity of your code.
- Protect brand assets and reputation by preventing your code from being damaged or falsified and making it easy to recall.
- Buy, renew, and manage code signing and SSL certificates with a single, secure sign-in to Thawte® Certificate Center.
- Save time and money by purchasing multi-year code signing certificates.
- Reduce the cost of maintaining code with a free timestamp.
Code Signing Certificates
- Inspire user confidence by showing customers your verified identity and the integrity of your code
- Save time and money with the convenient, cost-effective way to safeguard software downloads and applications
- Protect users from malware threats and other security attacks
- Increase downloads and boost your revenues
- Build trust in your company and protect your brand
- Supports a broad range of software platforms and browsers including Microsoft® Authenticode® and Microsoft® Office VBA, Sun® Java,® Adobe® AIR,® and Mac®
- Root certificates come preinstalled on most devices and embedded in most applications
- Offers robust international support, including certificates in 18 languages and multilingual customer service
- Thawte® Certificate Center offers convenient, easy management of your Code Signing Certificates
- One- or two-year validity terms
- Timestamping to extend signature validity
How it Works:
Thawte Code Signing Certificates create a unique digital signature with identification information about the publisher of the code and proof of the code's integrity. Microsoft applications such as Internet Explorer®, Exchange, Outlook® and Outlook® Express have security features to check for a digital signature and recommend whether or not code should be trusted.
When a user encounters unsigned or self-signed executables, a security warning pops up or content fails to load, depending on the user's security settings.
When a signed executable is encountered, a pop-up notification shows the verified identity of the publisher and the user decides whether or not to trust the code.
In Microsoft Windows, signed code has an additional Properties tab that displays information about the signature. The user can see who the application came from and be reminded that the application hasn't been changed since it was signed
- Minimum Browser Requirement: Firefox 1 or higher
Thawte Certificate Center allows you to buy, renew, and manage all your certificates with a single sign-in. Click buy or renew above to begin the enrollment process in Thawte Certificate Center:
- Select certificate options and a validity period.
- Enter required contact information.
- Enter certificate information (choose the default if you are not sure), key size, and create a backup.
- Enter organization and billing information.
- Create a Thawte Certificate Center account or sign in to an existing account.
- Provide payment information. Thawte accepts credit card, check or wire transfer.
- Pick up your certificate in Thawte Certificate Center after Thawte completes authentication.
NOTE: You must buy and retrieve your code signing certificate from the same computer. Problems? Confirm that you are using the same computer, browser, and log-in profile used to enroll.
Your code signing certificate contains your full organizational name and your public key. It can be used to digitally sign code and content during the certificate validity period.
Download the Thawte Code Signing Guide (PDF).
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.